Thursday, March 13, 2008

My other, other, other love

Photoshop is my friend. Winkflash is my friend (everytime a package from the lab comes Chris asks me if "Mr. Winkflash" has sent me a thank you letter yet to thank me for sending his first 12 children through college!). Mpix.com is my new BEST friend. Photography is a complete passion of mine. I'm itching to have things "click" inside of me when it comes to taking pictures. I'm waiting for my "Ta Da" moment - where everything falls into place and where I'm able to produce great shots straight out of the camera (SOOC). For now, I rely on Photoshop to help me finish getting the image I wasn't able to fully achieve SOOC.

I spent some time last might post-processing (PP) one of my favorite new images of Shane. I posted the SOOC here. Below are a few of my plays using PSE (Photoshop Elements). I feel like these few minor changes (mainly converting to B/W and toning down the color) have let me acheive the look, the mood, that I was hoping for from the start.

I hope you enjoy these as much as I do.

My toned down "vintage feel" edit:

My black/white edit:

No comments: