Wednesday, October 15, 2008

No Da?

Chris is working lots of overtime this week. He leaves the house just after 5am and gets home a little before 7pm.

Needless to say, Shane misses Daddy.

This morning he woke up in bed with me (another post for another time!) and ran into his room calling "Da, Da?" fully expecting to find his Daddy in his big boy bed, except Daddy wasn't there.

I could hear Shane start to climb up the little step stool that he uses to get in and out of his bed, so I quickly turned the video monitor around so I could see what he was up to!

Poor little boy climbed into his bed and crawled all the way down to his pillow, looking for his Daddy all the while, I imagine. When he reached his pillow and realized Daddy wasn't in his bed, his eyes looked a little teary, his mouth a little droopy, and he simply said "No Da". Deflated. Completely deflated.

Poor little boy. Imagine how excited he'll be next week when Daddy's back to his regular schedule!

I see a lot of father/son bonding time happening this weekend!

No comments: