Wednesday, February 25, 2009

The First Day Of Forever

It's 5:25 in the morning and I'm (finally) sitting at the desk in our hotel room in New York City. Actually, I'm sitting at the desk in the living room of our suite (yeah for free upgrades!!). Today is the day that Chris regains control of his life. Today is the day of his first embolization procedure to kill off the tumors on the right side of his liver. Today is the day that the pain starts to go away. The day where he can begin to function again without having to take the pain pills. The day where he can pick up and play with Shane the way he wants to. Today is our new first day of forever.

His embolization is scheduled for 11am. We have to be at Memorial Hospital (the main "campus"of Sloan-Kettering) at 9am. Doctors are anticipating the procedure to take about 2 hours, and then Chris will be in ICU for 4 hours afterwards. After that, they'll move him to his room and keep an eye on him for a few days. We hope to be back home sometime on Saturday, but we'll take that as it comes.

I won't get a chance to update the blog again until I get back to the hotel tonight, but I promise to update as soon as I can and let you all know how Chris is doing.

Your prayers today would be welcomed. Thank you for continuing to be our strength, our support. We love you all.

3 comments:

Julie said...

Evan and I will keep you in our thoughts and prayers today. We wish you the best of luck.

Julie Mattingly
Riverton,Utah

The Reichley Family said...

Praying, praying, praying. I let others know today is the day--God's definitely hearing your hubby's name! Breathe in, breathe out. And know you are loved. Hugs - K

Kellie Dyer said...

ris & Christian - Sorry to hear that the operation didn't take place today, but everything happens for a reason. Please know that you are all in my prayers and I will be thinking of you. Love you all, Kellie, Dan, Devin & ALyssa