Monday, February 16, 2009

From Shane's Mouth To God's Ears

Last night. like every night, I told Shane to climb into bed so that we could say our prayers. And last night, like every night, we would pray for Daddy to get well, to be healthy and happy again. We would pray for a cure.

But last night, unlike every night, Shane beat me to it. I turned away from the bed for a moment to get something off his dresser and as I turned back around, Shane was lying on his belly, on his bed, with his little 2 year old hands folded in front of him. And then I heard the most beautiful words he's ever said:

"Dada, pease, no more boo-boos"

I'm hoping that prayer took an express ride on an Angel's wing, right on up to God.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That just made me cry. I know God will hear that!

Anonymous said...

Made me cry too. Out of the mouths of babes! On angels wings, just has to be heard. Aunt Mare, BG