Thursday, January 17, 2008

Christmas in CT (Finally!)

I realize I've been promising to post Christmas pictures since December 26 and I'm just now finally getting around to it. Let me say that I didn't take nearly as many pictures as I would've hoped (especially since I got a brand spankin' new dSLR as an early birthday present) but being the mom of the ONLY kid in the family and being a novice at the Manual (I refuse to shoot in Automatic) dSLR world, I suppose I should be happy with the pictures I do have. I'm disappointed that I don't have any family pictures from Shane's 2nd Christmas, or even just a Shane and Mommy picture for that matter, but at least there are some pictures to mark another special holiday in the life of a very special little boy.

We enjoyed having both sides of the family over for dinner on Christmas Eve and we spent Chrismtas Day at Grandma Lin's house with everyone. Santa was especially good to all of us this year! Chris and I can't wait for Shane to understand Christmas and to see the excitement in his eyes and on his face as the day approaches and then is finally here. It really is the greatest of holidays, and I don't think anyone enjoys the holiday more than parents of young, innocent, believing children. Remember what it felt like to believe? I can't wait to go to that magical world again!

The O'Connor Family Christmas Tree - 2007
Two of my favorite ornaments - both happen to be baby related!
Shane with Santa - and without tears!!
Daddy helping Shane open his first Christmas present of the season at the Darrah's on December 23rd.
Shane doing a pretty good job opening the gift all by himself on Christmas Eve morning!

Chris opening a present on Christmas Eve morning - Chris LOVES opening presents. Probably even more than Shane does!

The three "wise men" keeping warm out by the fire - this became a recurring thing - everytime the three of them were together. Notice how not even one of them is wearing a coat!

Shane riding in his new car from Uncle Jay!Look at all those great presents from Santa!Even a tricycle! Complete with matching Elmo helmet, knee pads and elbow pads - seriously SO cute!Shane dazed and confused on Christmas morningMerry Christmas from our family to yours!

No comments: