Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Dare Devil

Our little risk taker. We may never let him out of the house once he hits the teenage years!!!

And one that's not so risky! Just swinging away with Aunt Kate:
We had a fantastic time at Cape Cod and are busy planning our vacation for next summer already! I'll be blogging about our Cape vacation in the next few days, so stay tuned!
This is our first week back to our regular routine since Rich and Lauren were here a month ago! These last few weeks have been pretty crazy for us - it's almost nice to get back to what's familiar!
Chris worked until 3am last night, so Shane is at daycare all day today. I had the (unpleasant) job of dropping him off this morning and he gave me his usual quivering lip and watery eyes - this kid knows how to make his Momma feel bad - that's for sure! I can't really blame him though - I feel the same way when I leave him. He's busy, but he's so damn lovable!
This morning in the car on the way to daycare Shane's sitting in the backseat watching Elmo on the headrest in front of him and he's calling me and calling me; "Ma!" "Ma!" "Ma!" Apparently this kid doesn't understand what's involved with driving a car!!! When I came to a light and had the opportunity to turn around to address him he looks at me, tilts his head and gives me his flirty smile. He then shows me what he's been wanting to show me for the last 2 minutes. He had taken his hat off of his head, placed his sippy cup inside of his hat and with one hand on the brim of his hat, and one hand on the back strap, he would bring his hat (and therefore his sippy cup) up towards his mouth and would take a sip of his apple juice! He was using his hat to drink his juice!!! Who does this?!?!?! And the pride - OMG!!! You would've thought he just won Olympic Gold!!

No comments: