Thursday, November 20, 2008

If Only He Were A Drug Addict . . .

It sure would make the daily injections (x3) that much easier for him to adminster to himself!

4 injections down and 38 to go, as Chris puts it! He's doing well! He had his first injection yesterday morning at the oncologist's office and then a visiting nurse came over yesterday afternoon and last night to walk him through the process and then this morning he did it entirely on his own!

Who knew we'd ever be so excited to see Chris successfully shooting himself up! Every wife's dream, I'm sure!

The CT scan went well, too. VERY quick, which Chris liked after those 3+ hour scans a few weeks ago. I'd imagine we'd have the results back in a couple of days and hopefully we'll get good news on that front.

Keep those prayers coming!!

3 comments:

Regina Caschetto said...

Dear Chris and Kris-
One of my favorite prayers is the Serenity prayer-
God grant me the serenity to accepth the things I cannot change,
The courage to change the things I can,
And the wisdom to know the difference.
I can recite it by heart but practicing it is another thing-
Love and prayers always-
Cousin Regi

Anonymous said...

hang tough oc,val says no biggie with th injections,her insulin ones shes been doing for 20 years now.hoping for more good news.like you taught me....slow and steady wins the race.

The Reichley Family said...

Kudos to Chris for the self-injection! That's awesome! I had to stick Mark once a week after his chemo...That was TONS of fun! : ) Praying for you both. Keep us posted on the CT! Take care!
Hugs,
K