Friday, September 26, 2008

5 On Friday - The Getting Back On Track Edition

1). It's been a long, busy week and it's looking to be an even longer weekend filled with LOTS of rain! Do you know what it's like to have to keep a VERY active 2 year old cooped up indoors all weekend because it's raining outside? Especially an active 2 year old that doesn't nap anymore!!! Any idea as to how much of a challenge that is?!?! We do plan on visiting our beloved Stepping Stones at least one of the 2 days, but that'll only kill about 3 hours - if we're lucky!! I'd love your suggestions, thoughts, ideas on other things we could do this weekend that keep us from playing in the rain and that don't break the bank! What do you have for me?!?!

2). I'm sad to admit I haven't picked up the camera in well over a week now. :-( I've been in a photography slump and I'm not entirely sure why. I do plan to remedy that situation while we're cooped up inside this weekend. I have plans to re-read Understanding Exposure (great book and I highly reccomend it to anyone wanting to know the basics of photography) and practice, practice, practice on my favorite subject - Shane!!! Hopefully I'll have some shots to show off next week that are better than what I've shared lately. Though I prefer natural light, refuse to use the onboard flash, and don't currently own a speedlight . . . so I'm not sure how awesome these indoor pictures on a gloomy, rainy weekend will be!

3). The Wiggles have ALWAYS held a special place in Shane's heart, but lately he's been REALLY enjoying them! This morning, as I sat on the couch drinking my coffee and admiring my 2 year old, Shane was busy dancing along with the Wiggles and mimicking their "dance moves"!! It was seriously the cutest, funniest thing I've ever seen!!! It also makes the $150 we dropped 2 weeks ago, to go see the Wiggles live on stage in November, burn a little bit less! Just a little bit though!

4). Shane's doing better in his big boy bed! We're still working through some kinks, but we've managed to keep him out of our bed the majority of this last week, which is a HUGE accomplishment for us! Now we just have to work on Shane not waking up at all in the middle of the night and looking for us (okay, me) and on getting him to go down at night without us (okay, me) sitting in the room with him waiting (and waiting, and waiting) for him to fall asleep! Other than those few issues though, he's really doing great. He's not in and out of his bed all the time like we thought he would've been - so that alone is HUGE!! We'll be putting the final touches on his room this weekend and I'll be sure to take pictures and share them with all of you next week!

5). Have I ever mentioned how much this kid LOVES to play with my hair?!?!

No comments: