Friday, September 12, 2008

5 On Friday

1) The BIG news in our house is that our little boy spent his first night in his big boy bed on Sunday!!! We've had a few struggles here and there and we're still working out some of the kinks, but the transition is going much smoother than we expected it to and Shane is doing great! Here's a quick shot that I took with my cellphone on Sunday - I have much better (and cuter!) images that I'll process this weekend and share the early part of next week. As you can see, we left his crib in his room in case the bed didn't work, but Shane has wanted nothing to do with his crib since his twin mattress hit the floor on Sunday! This weekend we'll be taking down the crib and actually putting up his bed. I'll be sure to take pictures of the room as we make the transition and then once it's completed! Makes me SO sad to see the crib go! Hopefully we'll be blessed enough to have the opportunity to use it again!

2) Trains and trucks still rule our house! He can't go anywhere without one of them and neither is ever very far! He goes to bed each night with one train book and one truck book! The lucky book changes night to night, but it's always one of each! I love that he knows what he wants!

3) Speaking of knowing what he wants . . . last night we went to Wal-Mart (I HATE Wal-Mart, more like despise, but knew it was the best place to go for this specific purchase) so that Shane could pick out a set of sheets for his new big boy bed. I've already purchased 2 sets that actually MATCH his new bedding, but I thought it would be fun for him to have something he loves to sleep on at night! Despite my hatred for character based kid rooms, sheets can be easily hidden by making the bed, so I knew this was the way to go!! Wal-Mart didn't have much to choose from for boys (Cars, Spiderman, Transformers . . .) but the second Shane saw the pretty, bold, Cinderella sheets - he knew they were the ones for him! And I really can't blame him!! They were quite lovely! Very colorful, very vibrant and they definitely looked like they'd be fun to sleep on! I knew Shane's Daddy wouldn't be thrilled with his son sleeping on Cinderella sheets, so much to Shane's dismay they stayed at the store! We did buy the Cars sheet set though, and Shane *almost* loved them as much as he loved Cinderella!!

4) I've got a few ideas for some neat craft things to make for Shane's new room; I want to make some pegs to hang some photos off of, I'd like to create some sort of magnet board, or magnetic chalk board, something he can use to create different scenes, etc. Now all I need is a free weekend! I'll have to try to squeeze one in between Halloween and Thanksgiving!

5) Off to upstate New York tomorrow for a birthday party! Shane's looking forward to playing with all of his cousins! Pictures to come, you can be sure!

No comments: