Friday, July 11, 2008

5 On Friday

1). At 8pm on Wednesday night I put Shane to bed in a 2-piece, shorts, pj set. Around 10pm he was STILL awake and quietly talking to himself. Over the monitor, I hear him saying "on, on" - which he often says when he wants us to play one of his DVD's for him. I thought to myself, "he's nuts if he thinks I'm going to put Elmo on right now". I gave it a few more minutes and he's still looking for whatever it is to be put "on". So I go into his room. And I find Shane standing in his crib, with his face smushed up against the netting of his crib tent. I can see he's holding something in his hands. As I get closer, I notice that he's standing there in just his pj top and his diaper. All this time he's been quietly asking me to put his pj bottoms back "on" - which is what he is sweetly holding in his cute little hands. I about melted right then and there. So I pull him out of the crib, trying SO hard not to smile so he wouldn't get all wound up, and I put his shorts back on. So sweet and so cute - at first. He did the same thing to me two more times in the next 20 minutes. Needless to say, last night he went to bed in a one piece pj outfit!

2). Our new kitchen floor is being installed on Monday and we couldn't be any happier or any more excited. Our existing floor is REALLY, REALLY bad! The flip side to this is that Chris and I get to spend tomorrow pulling up the old kitchen floor - that, we're not so excited about. At least Shane gets to go to breakfast with Grandma and Aunt Kate in the morning! And I'm writing this here so that there's record of it - but my bet is that this will be the last time Shane goes out to breakfast with Grandma and Aunt Kate!!

3). Shane discovered Melissa's ball pit at the 4th of July picnic we were at last weekend and we've since gotten him one of his own. We're having a hard time getting him OUT of the thing at the end of the day - he LOVES it that much! He starts from across the room, runs towards the ball pit and DIVES into it! Yes, DIVES!!! He then spends several minutes rolling around in all the balls, kicking and giggling and just having the best time! Thanks, Melissa!!!

4). Shane has been eating less and less yogurt over the last week or so!! Instead of 4/day, he's down to about 2/day - on a good day! Could it be he's FINALLY getting tired of Yo-Baby?! That would be an extra $20 saved at the grocery store!

5). We hope Aunt Tracie is feeling okay and that she has a quick and speedy recovery! We love you, Aunt Trae!!!

No comments: